New in Germany (Freiburg)

Hier kannst du Fragen stellen und dich den anderen Vorstellen.
Antworten
nmhbm

New in Germany (Freiburg)

Beitrag von nmhbm »

Please point my to the right section of the forum if I am to far of right now. But I figured that the new hear section should be my place since I am both new here on the forum as well as new in Germany (Freiburg).

This brings me to my humble meaning behind this post; I am looking for any other Discworld-maniac situated in or around Freiburg since it would be a pleasure to meet up with some people around here, and especially people with great taste in litterature.

I am currently living outside of Freiburg, Eichstetten, and spending my every-day life taking care of two kids, age three and five. I am doing this as an Au-Pair.

Feel free to answer here or drop me a PM if you would like to get to know me better :)

Again, my apologizes if this is in the wrong section - my german is very poor by the way so mind the language barrier.

All the best!
Mam Summ

Re: New in Germany (Freiburg)

Beitrag von Mam Summ »

You found the right place, welcome to our community!
Have a nice time in germany and within our slightly mad bunch of Pratchett fans :twisted:

See you in the chat! :mrgreen:
(And let me know, if your are searching for a language tadem ;) )
"[...] and yoghurt, which to Vimes´s mind was a type of cheese that wasn´t trying hard enough."

Terry Pratchett, Snuff
Anjali

Beitrag von Anjali »

Hello and welcome!

Unfortunatly I live on the other side of germany - Freiburg is a little bit too fare to meet you. But I know there are some otherones of us in your area. You can find a thread for meetings in Freiburg in the section "Aktuelle Stammtische". (Sry, I don't know how to give a link here.) And I think you can ask Feles Cum Libero fore more information. (You will find her in the thread "Stammtisch Freiburg" ;))

So fare well and enjoy your time in germany!
dum spero rideo
Feles Cum Libero

Beitrag von Feles Cum Libero »

Welcome to Germany, welcome to the forum and welcome to Freiburg, nmhbm! :)
As Anjali already pointed out, I'm living in Freiburg and we have indeed a small, more or less regular meet-up of Pratchetts-fans from the (wider) region going on. Usually we are four to fife people, sometimes more, we try to meet once per month. Unfortunately, you just missed our annual excursion to the Europa Park* last Saturday. Even more unfortunately, this might have been our last meeting for this year, since it is always very difficult to find a date as Christmas and the New Year approach. Our next meeting might be as late as February. But I will try and ask around, maybe we can arrange something sooner. :)

-----------------
* A very nice theme park in a town called Rust, which is close to Freiburg.
EX UMBRIS ET IMAGINIBUS AD VERITATEM.
Feles Cum Libero

Beitrag von Feles Cum Libero »

We are going to have a small meet-up on December 14th, 7pm in the Caféhaus (Kaiser-Joseph-Sr. 268, www.cafehaus-freiburg.de). You're welcome to join. :)
Feel free to write me a PM if you have further questions.
EX UMBRIS ET IMAGINIBUS AD VERITATEM.
Antworten