Grüß Dich!

Alle sonstigen Themen, die nicht in die anderen Foren passen.
catskind

Beitrag von catskind »

Well, we are waiting, Mark:wink:
cheery_littlebottom

Beitrag von cheery_littlebottom »

...keen to show our expert knowledge!!!
catskind

Beitrag von catskind »

Mwhahahahahaha!!!
:razz:
Mark

Beitrag von Mark »

Ooh, lots of things at the mo. :wink:
Will thnk of some good q's later today, just seeing what I can remember. But the main issues I'll have to revise are:

Denazification
Why the SPD lost the first election and the CDU won
Adenauer's government
Ostpolitik
reunification
APO

And so on. :p
Max Sinister

Beitrag von Max Sinister »

Sounds interesting. Get some good questions, I'm waiting. :smile:
Mark

Beitrag von Mark »

OK here's one, it's a possible question that could crop up:

Do you think the West German government's reaction to the '68-ers' was justified? Was it an overreaction?

Things like Berufsverbot, the student protests, efects on the main parties, things like that. :smile:
Max Sinister

Well, I think the 68ers were justified; at the very least, it should be understandable that they were angry about the fact that an Ex-Nazi (Kiesinger) was able to become chancellor, that the Social Democrats even helped him, about the killing of Benno Ohnesorg by a policeman, the shah of Persia and the Bildzeitung that constantly agitated and influenced a neo-nazi to shoot on Rudi Dutschke.

The Radikalenerlass: Helmut Schmidt and Herbert Wehner were heavily against, but Willy Brandt insisted on it; sad, but true.
Many people were checked, relatively few were actually fired / not hired; some cases were just ridicilous (train drivers, nurses, cleaning woman (what's Putzfrau in English?)).
Mark

Beitrag von Mark »

Cleaner.

Thanks for that :)

Something else...

Do you think denazification was successful?

Was Ostpolitik a good idea, or should Adenauer's 'position of strength' policy have been maintained? (put aside fact that Germany's reunified) :-p
Ponder

Beitrag von Ponder »

<!-- BBCode Quote Start --><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Zitat:<HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
Mark schrieb am 2003-05-09 20:25 :
[/quote]
Denazification:
It was only partly a success. There are several things to criticise regarding the realisation of this campain. A part of it were the questionaires which classified the citizens into 4 (i guess it was 4) groups. Unfortunatly because of the overwhemlming bureaucracy of this task, and often the impossibility to verify the declarations it can not be said that it was a real success. Moreover the so called "Persilscheine" (issued by clergymen & co) exonerated many high ranking nazis, whereas normal followers sometimes were punished in more grave ways. This effect was added with the juristdiction being laid into the hands of "ordinary people" (Spruchkammer)<!-- BBCode Note-Marker Start-One --><font color="#FF0000">*<!-- BBCode Note-Marker Start-Two -->1<!-- BBCode Note-Marker End-One --><!-- BBCode Note-Marker End-Two --> as denuniciation was widely spread.
These facts lead sometimes to distrust to the new system and juristdiction.
Nevertheless it must be said that many delinquents were caught and rightful punished.

The answer to the other question follows tomorrow :wink:<!-- BBCode Note Start --><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Fußnoten:<HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE><!-- BBCode Note Start-One --><font color="#FF0000"><!-- BBCode Note End-One -->1<!-- BBCode Note Start-Two --><br><!-- BBCode Note End-Two -->they were allowed to impose different penalties<!-- BBCode Note Start-Three --><br><br><!-- BBCode Note End-Three --></BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE><!-- BBCode Note End -->
catskind

Beitrag von catskind »

MOOOOOOOORRRNING!!!!!
:grin:
Hi Mark, how are you?
Saved enough money for Guinnes, yet?
:razz:
Ponder

Beitrag von Ponder »

Zwar nicht gestern, aber trotzdem mal weitergeschrieben - zu Abwechslung mal in deutsch :wink:

Adenauers harter Ostkurs:
Ich vermute mal als Beispiel wurde die ungeprüfte Stalinnote genannt?
Auf jeden Fall - ich könnte länger ausholen, aber wenns kurz auch geht: Adenauer hatte nicht wirklich eine Entscheidungsmöglichkeit. Die 4 Siegermächte, bzw. später dann die 2 Machtblöcke bestimmten im Wesentlichen die Politik Deutschlands (im Sinne der außerpolitischen Beziehungen, aber auch der innerdeutschen). Ein sehr viel weicherer Kurs wäre also gar nicht möglich gewesen...
catskind

Beitrag von catskind »

Aaaaargh, Geschichte UND Politik!!!
Na, wems gefällt. :grin:
Mark

Beitrag von Mark »

Just had my exam, I think I did ok in it :smile:

@ Max Sinister: I agree those things mean the protest was justified, but do you think the state was justified in its reaction considering the rise of the Baader Meinhof gang (mostly imprisoned in 1972) and a new communist party? Martin Schleyer was killed in 1977 by the Red Army Faction, and a West German plane was hijacked in Somalia.
Max Sinister

<!-- BBCode Quote Start --><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Zitat:<HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
Mark wrote:
[/quote]
Not enough. :sad: You can see it by the fact that there are still nazis running around free and unpunished who committed crimes of the worst kind. And by the fact that there's no high political office where no nazi has been in - Kiesinger as chancellor, Carstens as federal president, Filbinger as minister president...

Was Ostpolitik a good idea, or should Adenauer's 'position of strength' policy have been maintained? (put aside fact that Germany's reunified) :-p
[/quote]

Well, as it has already been quoted: During the time when the Cold War was hottest, the Merkins maybe hadn't liked it, but later this politic was sometimes ridiculous. The FRG had to break off every contact to states that accepted East Germany as the legitimate Germany (Hallsteindoktrin), and their we-don't-negotiate-with-them politic was absolutely successless. Willy Brandt's Ostpolitik at least made it possible for the separated families to meet again.
Mark

Beitrag von Mark »

You is well clever :-p

I have another exam in an hour, and then onto revising for my German language exam on Wednesday!

AARGH!
Max Sinister

@Mark:
Was the state justified in its reaction? Tough question.
OK, here are some facts:
- Although the RAF had just some dozen "die-hards" and a few hundred helpers, they now controlled (as it seemed) everyone and everywhere. Especially people who somehow seemed to be lefties. They didn't have very much success in finding terrorists, though. (It's said, however, that the RAF was supported by the Stasi. Maybe that's the reason why they managed to stay free for such a long time.)
Mark

Beitrag von Mark »

One and a half hours till my exam, wish me luck:sad:
cheery_littlebottom

I don't know if it's too late already, but I'll keep my fingers crossed for ... the next hour or so. Just to make sure!
Mark

Beitrag von Mark »

I am back! :smile:

It was not as bad as I expected, and for that reason I am unhappy. My teachers have been making me revise lots of extremely difficult stuff, and then none of it appears in the exam! All the hard work and panicking for nothing! :sad:

Oh well, at least it is over:smile:
catskind

Beitrag von catskind »

Hi Mark!
Yes, it´s been a long time...
But now I´m back, too.
Have been in hospital for five weeks.
Now I have my baby and everythink is fine again.
Max Sinister

Congratulations, Catskind!
Junge oder Mädchen? Und wie heißt es? Halt uns auf dem laufenden! :smile:
cheery_littlebottom

HURRAAAA!

Das kleine Miezekätzchen ist da! :grin:

Glückwunsch!
Tod

Beitrag von Tod »

Max Sinister schrieb am 18.06.2003 um 13:21 :
Congratulations, Catskind!
Junge oder Mädchen? Und wie heißt es? Halt uns auf dem laufenden! :smile:
[/quote]
Mädchen.
catskind

Beitrag von catskind »

Aaaaaaalso:
Sie heißt Jennifer Leonie Maria,
ist geboren am 8.6.,um 20:20 Uhr, bei einem deftigen Gewitter.
Sie wog bei der Geburt 2050 gr und war 45cm groß.
Sie ist so klein gewesen, weil sie schon in der 35. Woche auf die Welt kam.
Die Kleine wurde in der Gebärmutter nicht richtig mit Nähstoffen versorgt.
Die Ärtze im Krankenhaus konnten das eine Weile kompensieren, doch ab einer bestimmten Größe klappt das nicht mehr und die Geburt wurde eingeleitet.
Darum war ich auch fünf Wochen in der Klinik.
Tja, aber nun ist klein Jenny da und es geht ihr sehr gut! :smile:

Vielen Dank für alle eure Glückwünsche!
frenchAngua

Beitrag von frenchAngua »

Wirklich alles gute, ist sie jetzt das jüngste Mitglied im Club? :grin:

<font size=-1>[ Diese Nachricht wurde geändert von: frenchAngua am 19.06.2003 um 18:01 ]
Antworten